Some Residential Care Homes for the Elderly (RCHEs) have voluntarily joined accreditation schemes administered by independent bodies for continuous improvement in management and service quality. These accreditation schemes include:
- Residential Aged Care Accreditation Scheme* by the Hong Kong Association of Gerontology Accreditation Division
- Service Quality Management Certification Scheme – Elderly Services by the Hong Kong Quality Assurance Agency
- Quality Elderly Service Scheme by the Hong Kong Health Care Federation
- ISO 9001:2015 - Design and Provision of Care Residential Service for the Elderly by the Hong Kong Quality Assurance Agency
- Hong Kong Safe and Healthy Residential Care Home Accreditation Scheme by the Occupational Safety and Health Council
- Residential Care Home for the Elderly Certification Scheme* by the Hong Kong Quality Assurance Agency
* This approved accreditation scheme is included under the “Accreditation Subsidy Scheme for Private Residential Care Homes for the Elderly” by the Social Welfare Department, which is provided by the Accredited Certification Body of Certification of Residential Care Homes (Elderly Persons) Service Providers’ Management System by the Hong Kong Accreditation Service under the Innovation and Technology Commission.
For RCHEs joining accreditation schemes, please click the icon below.
Social Welfare Department Service Quality Group Scheme
To enhance the service quality of Residential Care Homes for the Elderly (RCHEs), members of the ‘Service Quality Group (SQG) Scheme’ pay regular visits to RCHEs to make observations and suggestions about their facilities and services. The SQG Scheme is set up on a two-year basis which covers different types of RCHEs in Hong Kong. For the list of RCHEs joining the SQG Scheme, please click the icon below.