Some Residential Care Homes for the Elderly have voluntarily joined accreditation schemes administered by independent bodies for continuous improvement in management and service quality. These accreditation schemes include:
- Residential Aged Care Accreditation Scheme by the Hong Kong Association of Gerontology (Accredited Certification Body of Certification of Residential Care Homes (Elderly Persons) Service Providers’ Management System by the Hong Kong Accreditation Service of the Innovation and Technology Commission)
- Service Quality Management Certification Scheme – Elderly Services by the Hong Kong Quality Assurance Agency
- Quality Elderly Service Scheme by the Hong Kong Health Care Federation
- ISO 9001:2008 by the Hong Kong Quality Assurance Agency
- Hong Kong Safe and Healthy Residential Care Home Accreditation Scheme by the Occupational Safety and Health Council
For RCHEs joining accreditation schemes, please click the icon below.
Social Welfare Department Service Quality Group Scheme
To enhance the service quality of Residential Care Homes for the Elderly (RCHEs), members of the ‘Service Quality Group (SQG) Scheme’ pay regular visits to RCHEs to make observations and suggestions about their facilities and services. The SQG Scheme is set up on a two-year basis which covers different types of RCHEs in Hong Kong. For the list of RCHEs joining the SQG Scheme, please click the icon below.